Sunday, January 13, 2019

11 Months



11 months, I can hardly believe it! It means the next post will be 1 year! Where did the time go? This month was busy with a trip back to the US, which Corabelle handled pretty well, and although no crawling yet, she is moving around!

 

 

I'm not sure Corabelle will ever actually crawl, but somewhere she has found ways to move across the room. I'll leave her sitting and come back to find her sitting a few feet from where she started. She scoots backwards on her tummy or spins around in a circle and then will roll over a few times until she finds something interesting to play with. She did pull up on the handle in the bathtub a few times, but hasn't quite replicated that skill anywhere else yet. She loves standing and will happily walk around her activity table or the couch for long lengths of time.


 

 

She's also started rolling over in her crib and scooting around, so it's not unusual to find her pulling on something on the wall. So far this hasn't seemed to disrupt her sleep much so fingers crossed that continues. She's pretty solidly on two naps, 1.5-2 hours each, and even with jet lag in the US, she was a rock star napper.

 

 

Corabelle learned to wave hi/bye and shake her head "no" this month. The no head shake has become a game and she will say no for almost everything you ask her and then give you her huge smile. She loves music, especially If You're Happy and You Know It, and she's learned to clap along to the song. She loves anything Emmeline is playing with, and her favorite game is to hand Emmeline something, get excited, then want it back to repeat all over again. Emmeline is a good sport and plays along!

 

 
She continues to be a happy, social baby who will smile at almost anyone. She does love mama though and has a bit of separation anxiety at times if I'm around but not with her. Still loves her food and eats pretty much anything we put in front of her. Favorites are eggs, yogurt, and oranges. We're working on the "more" sign because her squealing and grunting when she wants more is starting to wear on Mom and Dad! She's got 2 more teeth (looking a bit like dracula for now), which is helping her eat all those foods!

I can't believe the next time I write I will have a 1 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment