I can hardly believe Corabelle is 8 months old. It seems like just yesterday she was 4 months! While we aren't really mobile yet, I'm 100% okay with that, and we've seen a lot of personality developing over the past month.
Corabelle has always been a happy, smiley baby, but it's becoming more and more apparent every day that her personality will be a bubbly, energetic one. Smiles are thrown right and left, along with laughs, and tons of talking, babbling, and screaming/squealing. She's learned to roll her lips, which is a favorite sound of hers. Buh buh, yaya, and dada are also favorite babbling sounds. She's not afraid to make her opinion known if she doesn't like what she's doing or upset about something (usually vacuuming or not eating when she sees someone else eating).
She's not really close to crawling and still despises tummy time. Just in the past week, she's figured out that she can roll over to avoid tummy time, which means she's actually rolling around quite a bit now. She does still love to sit, and can reach forward and sit back up quite well. Sometimes she'll get too far forward and get stuck rather than just going all the way to her belly.
Although she hasn't figured out crawling/scooting, she has discovered a few new things, including peek-a-boo, banging things together to make a sound, using a straw, pincer grasp, and most excitingly, BATHS! She finally tolerated and now, dare I say, likes baths! She and Emmeline play almost every night in the tub, and it's wonderful! I think swim lessons have helped, as she's even done a couple full immersions into the pool! Who would have thought?
Corabelle loves pretty much any food, but current favorites seems to be avocado, eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, and broccoli. About the only thing she'll let you spoon feed her is oatmeal, and even that can be a struggle. She's definitely all about feeding herself, and food seems to be a cure-all when she's fussing! :) We are officially done nursing as of a few weeks ago. While I still get a little sad about it from time to time, I think everyone is happier now, so that's all that matters. She also seems to prefer food over milk sometimes, so who knows, maybe she'll be a baby that just jumps onto food sooner than most!
Emmeline is still her favorite person in the world--just so happy when she gets home from school, and I think a little bored when she's at school. I'm working hard to keep her entertained, and we've met some new baby friends that we've been trying to do a few things with here and there. Separation anxiety is just starting to set in the past few weeks with a bit of fussing when I leave the room, so hopefully that won't get too much worse in the coming months.


No comments:
Post a Comment