The night before reports started coming in from College Station for 5-6 inches of snow. Pretty impressive! I was skeptical that anything would actually reach Houston, and when I went to bed people were posting pictures of flurries as if it were a blizzard. I rolled my eyes and went to bed fully expecting there to be nothing to see in the morning. But, when I woke up at 6:30am, I rolled over to see pictures of and pictures and pictures of snow on the ground. I decided maybe I'd better get up and see for myself. Still a bit dark, I was surprised that there was actually a layer on the ground and the trees. After snapping some pictures, I eagerly awaited Emmeline's wake-up.
Of course, she decided to sleep until almost 7:30 that day, and as soon as the sun came up, it quickly started melting. There wasn't much left on the grass when we made it outside, but there was still enough to make a few snowballs. She wasn't entirely sure about the snow but said she liked it and asked if I'd make her a snowdog like in her Clifford book. Not quite enough snow for that one! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment