Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Rodeo Fun!

Copy of IMG_9932

Well, we are officially embracing the Texan lifestyle. From trail riders and Go Texan Day fun to BBQ lunch at Dad's office, it was a busy week! Since we moved to Texas 8 years ago, people have been telling me about these trail riders. Every year before the rodeo, groups of people make their way from all over the state, and ride "trails" (now roads) into the rodeo. Dressed in Texan attire, riding horses and covered wagons, they slowly make their way to downtown over the course of several days, camping along the way. So, I decided this year would be a good year to go out and try and see them. When in Texas, right?






IMG_8497IMG_8524IMG_8504
Tomball, a nearby town, about 20-25 minutes away was hosting a celebration for the trail riders, so I thought this seemed like a perfect place to see them. Although the timing was a bit awkward with Emmeline's nap, we made the most of it. We wandered the cute downtown (which has even more cute restaurants and shops than a few years ago when I was last here), did some shopping, and then headed over to the park for a picnic. They were setting up when we arrived, so we were able to grab a treat bag, hot dogs, and some drinks for our picnic
.IMG_8531IMG_8509IMG_8534IMG_8526
Finally, the trail riders arrived. Emmeline was sooooo excited about the horses, and I was pretty impressed too. It was a bigger caravan of horses and wagons than I was expecting. After they paraded by on the road, they stopped for the next several hours to let people see the horses, take pictures, etc. We didn't get many pictures because it's hard to take pictures when you're by yourself with a toddler, and it was quickly Emmeline's nap time. Despite a very hot, humid, and short nap in the carrier while I walked around town, it was worth the trip over, and I think Emmeline really enjoyed it!
The children's museum hosted a Go Texan Day, filled with art projects, photo booths, a stage coach, and a "Tall Texan" show. The art projects were definitely her favorite, along with all the usual exhibits at the museum. We love this museum!
IMG_8607IMG_8602IMG_8612IMG_8617IMG_8583IMG_8572
And finally, Go Texan BBQ lunch at Dad's campus. Much more organized last year, when we ended up eating Greek food because the lines were too long. And another excuse for another "cowgirl" outfit. I'd say we do pretty well despite not having bought anything specifically for the occasion!
IMG_8652IMG_8639IMG_0010IMG_8635Copy of IMG_9955

No comments:

Post a Comment